We Stand with America’s Heroes

Cypress Lawn Memorial Park is the final resting place of hundreds of U.S. veterans. For over a century, we have viewed it as one of our highest honors to tell their stories and help their families access the resources they need to begin their journey of healing.

Veterans who were honorably discharged are eligible for certain benefits and military tributes, and in some cases, so are their spouses and dependent children. We work closely with each family to gather all the information needed to ensure they and their veteran family member receive all benefits and honors for which they qualify. Some of these may include:

  • Custom military headstones
  • Burial in a national cemetery
  • U.S. burial flags
  • Survivor benefits and burial allowances
  • Services with full military honors, including the three-volley salute and the playing of “Taps”


Receive the Benefits You Deserve

Veterans who were honorably discharged or separated from active duty after completing the required period of service are eligible for benefits. U.S. Armed Forces members who die on active duty are also eligible, as are spouses and dependent children of eligible living and deceased veterans, and of current and deceased armed forces members.


Unlock Your Entitlements:  Knowing Your Veteran Benefits Forms

  • Request for Military Service Record
  • Report of Separation from the Armed Forces of the United States (Military Service Record)
  • Application for Burial Benefits
    VA FORM 21P-530
  • Application for Preneed Determination of Eligibility for Burial in a VA National Cemetery
  • Presidential Memorial Certificate Request Form
    PMC 40-0247
  • Request for Headstone or Marker
    VA FORM 40-1330
  • Claim for Government Medallion for Placement in A Private Cemetery
    VA FORM 40-1330M
  • Application for United States Flag for Burial Purposes
    VA FORM 27-2008
  • Request for Disinterment
    VA FORM 40-4970
  • Life Insurance: Claim SGLI or VGLI Proceeds for a Deceased Policyholder
    SGLV 8283
  • Request Advance Insurance Payment for Terminally Ill Servicemember or Veteran
    SGLV 8284
  • Request Advance Insurance Payment for Terminally Ill Spouse of Servicemember or Veteran
    SGLV 8284A

Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

For more information call (800) 827-1000, or visit their website