Cypress Lawn Memorial Park is proud to serve as the final resting place for hundreds of U.S. veterans — America’s heroes.
For over a century, it has been our staff’s highest honor to share the stories of their honorable lives and to help their families to access the resources they need to begin their journey of healing.
Veterans who were honorably discharged are eligible for certain benefits and military tributes, and in some cases, so are their spouses and dependent children. We work closely with each family to gather all the information needed to ensure they receive all benefits and honors for which they qualify.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE
Burial in a National or State Veterans Administration Cemetery
A Headstone or Marker
A Burial Flag
A Memorial Certificate
Veterans who were honorably discharged or separated from active duty after completing the required period of service are eligible for benefits. U.S. Armed Forces members who die while on active duty are also eligible, as are the spouses and dependent children of eligible living and deceased veterans, and of current and deceased armed forces members.Below are the forms that families need to be aware of in order to receive benefits:
- Request for Military Service Record: SF-180
- Report of Separation from the Armed Forces of the United States (Military Service Record): DD-214
- Application for Burial Benefits: VA FORM 21P-530
- Application for Preneed Determination of Eligibility for Burial in a VA National Cemetery: VA40-10007
- Presidential Memorial Certificate Request Form: PMC 40-0247
- Request for Headstone or Marker: VA FORM 40-1330
- Claim for Government Medallion for Placement in A Private Cemetery: VA FORM 40-1330M
- Application for United States Flag for Burial Purposes: VA FORM 27-2008
- Request for Disinterment: VA FORM 40-4970
- Life Insurance – Claim SGLI or VGLI Proceeds for a Deceased Policyholder: SGLV 8283
- Request Advance Insurance Payment for Terminally Ill Servicemember or Veteran: SGLV 8284
- Request Advance Insurance Payment for Terminally Ill Spouse of Servicemember or Veteran: SGLV 8284A